1. Your Privacy
2. What Constitutes Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual, but does not include certain business contact information about an individual that is collected, used or disclosed solely for the purpose of communicating with that individual in relation to their employment, business or profession, including the name, title and business address or business telephone number of an employee of any organization.
3. Collection Of Personal Information
We may collect the following personal information about you:
- Date of birth
- Identity of your employer
- Address (postal and email) and telephone number
- Financial, credit and banking information
- Credit card information
- Social insurance number (optional, but used to assist with credit checks)
- Any personal information collected via electronic means
- ther information as required or permitted by law
The information above is generally collected from you, but we may also obtain such information from financial institutions and credit agencies for the purpose of processing your payments for our products and services and for the purpose of assessing your credit as we believe necessary.
Provision of your social insurance number is optional. Please note, however, that most credit reporting agencies use the social insurance number as a unique identifier to ensure proper identification when conducting credit reviews and preparing credit reports. If you do not wish to provide your social insurance number, our ability to obtain a timely and accurate credit report may be affected.
4. Use Of Personal Information
Your personal information may be used by us as permitted or required by law and for the following purposes:
- To provide our products and services to you;
- To process invoices and your payment by credit card, debit systems or other billing options;
- To contact you for customer follow-up and to seek your input and advise you about products and services of AquaTerra and our affiliated companies, but only your name, address and telephone number will be used for this purpose.
5. Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may share some or all of your personal information as required or permitted by law and to the following persons or entities:
- Contractors and agencies that work with us to provide our products and services to you, who will be provided with access to personalinformation as needed to perform their functions, but we shall not authorize them to use your personal information for other purposes;
- The Air Miles program to permit you to earn Air Miles reward miles on applicable purchases;
- Mailing services for invoicing and payment processing, but such services shall not be authorized by us to use your personal information other than for such processing;
- Credit bureaus to conduct credit checks as we believe necessary to financial institutions and their affiliated companies for the purpose of processing your payments to us;
- Collection agencies to collect any debt you may owe to us;
6. Safeguards For Personal Information
8. Links And Other Associated Sites
9. How Long Do Week Keep Your Personal Information?
We may retain your personal information as least as long as you remain our customer. If your relationship with us as a customer ends, we may use and disclose your personal information as required and permitted by law to conclude any outstanding matters relating to your relationship with us, to contact you for customer follow-up, and to seek your input and advise you about products and services of AquaTerra and our affiliated companies that may interest you. If you do not wish to receive any such further information, please contact us as indicated under the "Contact us" heading below. We also retain your personal information as necessary to satisfy any potential legal obligations we may have.
10. Contact Us
If you wish to file acomplaint, make an inquiry regarding or obtain accessto your personal information that we may hold, please contact us at the address below.
1200 Britannia Road East
Mississauga, ON L4W 4T5
Attn: Privacy Officer
Please be aware that access may not be provided to certain information that is protected by lawyer-client privilege, constitutes confidential commercial information, was collected in respect of the investigation of a breach of an agreement or of law, or is generated in respect of dispute resolution, or that otherwise may be withheld as permitted or required by law.